As long as I can remember I have been driven by the idea of becoming the best version of myself. A better version of myself every day, week, month, year and decade. I managed to make some progress in the way I view this world, people in general and myself. Though I am not nearly where I want to be. Mostly I am not as productive as I want to be. I could do a lot more to better my life and myself. And maybe even the world. I don’t mean this in an arrogant type of way. I mean becoming a light that shines for others. Also I firmly believe life can be ‘mastered’ by realizing yourself. You are the only one who’s responsible for living up to your full potential. You are in charge of your own life. You decide what affects you. And only you can decide what’s worth your time and energy. I now decide to fully accept that I am responsible for what happens in my life. And if I want to live my dreams I need to take action and I need to know what I want. What the dreams are. I need to know what I live for. How mastering my own life looks like. What skills and activities I want to develop in order to get the most out of life and myself. I made a list of my dreams:
– Creating a dream home
– Starting a family
– Being a dedicated solitary practitioner within the religion of Wicca
– Being happy and healthy
In order to live these dreams I thought of a strategy, set goals and made plans. I made a list of things I want and need to do, in order to make the necessary progress and get where I want to be, devided in subjects:
– Wicca: Straight to the point. I want to be a good and faithful religious woman. One who honors the God and the Goddess we Wiccans believe in. Also I want to be an active solitary practinioner. This means I will regularly read in my Scott Cunningham book, work in my personal book of shadows, celebrate the Wiccan holidays and perform rituals.
– Prayer: Us Wiccans believe in the Universe who consists of a feminine and masculine deity or energy. ‘The Triple Moon Goddess’ who is represented by the moon. And ‘The Horned God’ who is represented by nature. But both are part of the bigger picture: The Universe. I will pray daily towards the Universe, I will connect with the Goddess with manifesting on moon cycles, and I will connect with the God through connecting with nature. When I pray, I will pray for blessings, health and happiness for the people I care about and myself. Also I will show my gratitude in my prayers.
– Health: I would like to have a clean and healthy body. For this reason I will; finally stop smoking, eat healthy, drink a lot of fluid and work out in the gym. I want to honor the home of my soul. So not only will I live healthy, I will also take great care of my body with a spa treatment every now and then.
– Personal development: To me, growing as a person is important. I think when you have insight in yourself your can benefit from this. For this reason I will keep up with a diary, and a log in which I will frequently assess and evaluate my personality trades, behaviour and perceptions. Sinds I am diagnosed with Bipolar Type 1, I will also do a recovery training for this illness and a course that will give me a certificate that allows me to work as an experience expert in the future.
– Hobby: I do have hobbies, but I hardly spend any time on them. Mostly my hobbies are blogging and reading fairy tales. On my blog I will keep track of my Wiccan Journey and mastering my life. As for reading fairy tales, I recently purchased a fairy tales book and I aim to read it every night before I go to sleep.
– Savings: My fiance and I want to save up money for our wedding, the house and starting our family. For this we need cut down on expences and put money aside every month. We already have some savings. So that gives us a head start.
– Responsibility: One things that seems to be very difficult for me, is not cancelling or rescheduling appointments. Also I find it hard to follow through with things once I started. This whole mastering my life thing is a chance for me to change this. Also I need to take responsiblity for the house. Since we are not renovating and redecorating yet, I tend to treat my house like it doesn’t matter yet. Which is a bit weird. Especially since I am fully aware of the fact that I’m a perfectionist who needs a really clean and tidy enviroment in order to feel calm and motivated.
– Ambition: There is nothing wrong with being a little ambitious. Even with the limits I need to work with due to the bipolar disorder. I really wish I will finish my florist study, so that maybe in the future I can start working in the desired field of expertise.
– Purification: This may sound a little strange to some poeple. But I firmly believe we all have a soul. Throughout life we experience and do things that affect our soul. In good and not so good ways. Just like any other human being I have unhealed wounds, and I have made mistakes. The unhealed wounds from mostly my childhood, created a shadow in my soul. I need to heal parts of myself in order to fully embrace myself and the world around me. As for the mistakes; luckily I am able to learn from them, though I have a hard time letting go of feelings of guilt. Recently I thought of a beautiful ritual to say goodbye to all the burdens from my past. So that I’ll be doing soon. I might share this ritual on my blog someday.
Quite the list right? It seems like a lot, but it is all very do-able and realistic. With this list, I made a program that is very easy to follow. I feel this program will create some balance and discipline in my life.
It’s time to wrap it up now. Thank you, for reading my post. I hope you feel inspired to get the most out of yourself too.